My Blog List

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ENG259: 1st blog post

         Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. My name is Mehdi Lamkies and I’m from Morocco. I’m a student at Laguardia Community College and my major is mechanical engineering. In fact, I chose this major, because I totally believe that it opens up the door for students to demonstrate their skills and explore their creativity. Besides, I can’t hide my passion for anything that is related engineering, because here is  where I can apply my math background, design items that are necessary for life, expect the worse and come up with the solutions to insure a high quality.

         On one hand, My short term objective is to get my associate and bachelor degrees within the next two years and a half. On the other hand, I'm determined to invest and go as far as possible in my career by getting a Phd in aerospace engineering. In order for me to accomplish these "dreams", it's necessary to be closely involved in the field of technology. More specifically, I'm interested in learning different programming languages and designing software. In my opinion not everybody in the U.S share the same passion for technology, simply because each one has different interests. It could be anything such as medicine, literature, art.... However, I strongly believe that the importance of technology is rapidly increasing with all the development that we see everywhere.

        Nowadays, writing and reading are equally important for an engineer to succeed in his career. Ether I like to read or not, looking  things up and learning new materials is a must for engineering students. Actually, I do appreciate reading programming, designing and mechanics books. However, I admit that I don't do formal writing frequently except if I have school assignments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment